Saturday, November 15, 2008

Newbies and Oldbies on MUVEnation 08 (mnvn08)


I am not new to SL, but I am new to teaching and learning with SL so I put myself in group 2. However, I am considered somewhat of an expert by many in using Web 2.0 tools and have been integrating e-learning technology into my classes since the mid 90s. I have been learning online in graduate programs since 2003 (MA and PhD). I use Moodle, wikieducator (have used wikidpaces, pdwiki and wetpaint), WiZiQ (have used Interwise, Elluminate, Hotconference and others), and am a webmaster of a few websites. I organize online conferences, present in public online sessions, and am very involved in free e-learning in developing countries worldwide. So, I guess I am not new to technology. I would like to point out that I feel very comfortable in a mess and confusion only sparks my creative juices. I am available if anyone needs my expertise. I would love to set up a few live voice and/or recorded sessions if you would be interested. Listening to a human voice may make the online experience more comfortable and comforting for some.

No comments: